Native South African Client is a leading provider of IT and Business educational content to training centers, tertiary education institutions and corporate organizations. Client’s range of offerings includes dedicated services for providing a comprehensive suite of learning programs based on the specific learning requirements of the learner.
Client has more than 20 years of experience in providing training programs and distributing courseware content into the market to assist education empowerment allowing clients the opportunity to provide quality training initiatives.
Training and Education
Till then client has been using traditional approach for their education initiatives, distributing courseware content and training with a limited inclusion of digital or online services and owing to the expanding span of their services, client wanted to lay down a digital strategy to shift their suite of learning and training programs to a digital platform.
For this, client partnered with Zealous Systems to evolve, evaluate and develop a digital platform which can be used to create customized leaning programs & offerings and register various training providers and their learning programs.
Roadmap For laying digital strategy
To help define client’s digital strategy, Zealous System laid a roadmap with measurable milestones as follows:
- Acquiring domain knowledge of South African education system.
- Aligning acquired knowledge with the client’s processes and present modes educational offerings.
- Analyzing roles and significance of key stakeholders and using it as a key input for digital strategy.
- Accessing impact of technology as a catalyst to clients’ needs for digitization
- Preparing working prototypes for visual representation of the platform and receiving quick feedbacks from the key stakeholders.
- Designing technical solution of the system with qualitative development and testing adhering to the standard SDLC model.
Zealous System designed, developed and implemented a web application for managing a comprehensive suite of learning programs and associated training providers. In addition to generic learning programs, web application allowed training providers to create training offerings and create customized learning programs.
- Web application Features
- Library Management for Unit Standards
Custom creation of Unit standards & Qualification and managing their Quality assurance body, NQF Level, ABET Band, etc. as registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), SouthAfrica.
- Learning Programs
Creating and managing learning programs and mapping required assessment and credit criteria to the NQF levels defined in Unit Standards.
- Assessment Library
Maintaining a comprehensive list of assessment libraries for the assessments required under each learning unit. This feature provides trainers and client to classify assessments according to their type & methods and mapping it with respective learning unit.
- Training Providers Management
Facilitating client to create and manage training providers with a flexibility to view their training offerings learning programs.
- Creating Training Offerings
This feature helps training providers to add offerings in terms of standard learning units under a training program. This feature also helps training providers to manage its sessions and define assessment criteria.
- Other features
- Customized dashboard for overall reporting
- Classification of Training providers and maintaining status of their individual training offerings.
- Tracking learning programs with a facility to see number of learners enrolled for program and their respective details
Solution for Design
- Conducted stakeholder’s interviews for requirement elicitations.
- Each key stakeholder of the system was effectively converted into user personas for recording their actions and expectations of the system and taken as an input to the UX stage.
- Rapid prototypes were developed for visual representation of the concepts, feedback and validations from the clients after which
- Zealous Systems technical team and its competency was effectively mapped with the core requirement for developing web based application with languages and framework like HTML5, CSS3, PHP and Code Igniter with MVC framework.
- Assuring quality of the developed application by Quality Assurance team and facilitating mock rounds by end users to see system behaviors and user interactions in the live environment.
Benefits and Project Outcome
- Online Master Skill platform rendered client with a flexibility of accessing the rich repository of the training programs, training providers and their training offering as registered in the system.
- Master Skill enabled client, not only to create and manage their education initiatives via training providers but also provided them with an ability to track real time status of the learning programs and the number of users registered for a specific program.